Fiscal Representation

Nominate a representative to assist with your tax compliance

We can represent you

Some EU countries request expats of non-EU status to nominate a fiscal representative, who can provide support and understanding on tax compliance within local Government and legal deadlines. Your fiscal representative will receive correspondence on your behalf, and notify you of tax obligations as they become apparent. This is a service we can provide for you in Portugal.


Start the process

Complete the form to provide your full details and requirements to us, so we can prepare a quote for you based on your circumstances


We will review your information together, giving you the opportunity to ask questions before moving forward; to ensure you're ready

Let's begin

Once you're ready, we will begin the process of your Fiscal Representation; ensuring you're informed each step of the way

Frequently Asked Questions

Who acts as a fiscal representative?

Certified accountants in Portugal – like ourselves at RHJ Accountants – can act on your behalf as a fiscal representative, to assist you with tax obligations in Portugal.

Need a fiscal representative? Contact us or arrange a free consultation to understand how we can help you.

Why do I need a fiscal representative?

You may need a fiscal representative for various reasons. For example, if you would like to apply for a visa or submit a personal tax return. However, if you’re an EU citizen looking to move to Portugal, having a fiscal representative isn’t mandatory.

It is only a requirement for non-EU citizens, prior to them becoming a resident of Portugal. If you think you might need fiscal representation, or would like confirmation on how to act, then contact our experts to understand more. 

How long am I represented for?

You can purchase our fiscal representation package as a rolling monthly contract, or on an annual basis. You’ll be represented, until you request us to stop.

If you need fiscal representation, you can purchase our monthly package now! Or, if you want to confirm some minor details, arrange a consultation with our experts.

Whilst I apply for a visa, do I need fiscal representation?

We always recommend that our clients have a fiscal representative throughout their visa application process, as it provides you with added protection; plus you have on-hand support in case you need to ask any questions or require support surrounding some personal tax situations.

Send a message to our team today, and we can clarify what kind of protection you receive during any visa application process. 

How can I change my fiscal representative?

If you would like to change your fiscal representative, and use RHJ Accountants services instead, you just have to inform your current fiscal representative of the change, and we will begin acting on your behalf from the word go!

Discover more about our services and how we can help you


Want to maximise tax savings? Let's build a strategic plan together

Contact Us

Ready? Let's work together.

Whether you’re setting up your business, wanting to branch out abroad, reduce your taxes, grow your wealth or secure citizenship abroad for yourself and your family; RHJ Accountants are here to help you. Whatever it is, talk to us today about your move to Cyprus, Malta, Portugal, the UAE, UK or the USA.


Centris Business Gateway Level 2M, Triq Is-Salib Tal-Imriehel, Central Business District Zone 3, Birkirkara CBD3020

Lisbon, Portugal

+351 213303751
Av. da República, Nº 6 – 1st floor left, 1050-191

Porto, Portugal

+351 220280143
RHJA Accountants Lda, Sitio Work – Costa Cabral, Rua de Costa Cabral 2066, 4200-217

Dubai, UAE

+971 42239633
Office No 1310-A, Level 13, Aspin Commercial Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road

London, UK

+44 207 692 7006
80-83 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9ET

Sheffield, UK

+44 114 227 0070
The Quadrant, 99 Parkway Avenue, Sheffield, S9 4WG